Search This Blog

March 13, 2012

What I'm thinking today...

This is so true right now... I'm working hard toward my goal and I know I see it in my future...

Sometimes I feel just like this little bird, it's a balancing act and I'm trying to stay on top of it all. 
God help me through this!

I've had so many people tell me that I need to reward myself once a week (with food), or let's throw a party when you lose all your weight.  I know they mean well but the last thing I want to do is reward myself by eating, because it's what I've always done and that's partly to blame for the issue I am having today.  I have to change my way of thinking.  I need to learn to reward myself with a pair of earrings, a bracelet or necklace.  Maybe even a nice pair of running shoes.  I can't buy clothes yet, because I'm still losing and in my opinion that's just throwing money away.  One of the things I've been doing lately is trying on jewelry that didn't fit before and it fits now.  I've been getting clothes out of storage that now fit me and that' feels really good!  So yeah, no food as a reward!!

I've always known the world was a better place with me in it.  I don't have doubts about that statement, but sometimes I really do feel very much alone in my weight issues.  

There's a picture going around on Facebook that says "If you can't be skinny, then let your closest friends be FAT.  I would never make a wish like that.  I would never wish this battle on anyone.  Yes, I see this as a battle.  A battle that I'm fighting on my own.  My husband and daughter work out with me, but their battle doesn't feel like it compares to mine.  I have so much more to lose than they do.  Even my doctor suggested that I not do this the hard way.  She said "Let's just make an appointment, you will qualify for gastric bypass surgery... Ummm let me think... No thanks!  I like having a normal stomach.  I  also don't want to lose weight so quickly that I have "elephant skin".  Have you seen what that looks like?  No thanks!  
Thinking postive!




Maybe I'm gaining muscle?  
Maybe I have a little water weight gain?

Trying to see the benefits - so I composed a email with pictures to inspire me and keep me on track.


Those people know who they are...  (smiling inside)

No comments:

Post a Comment